SAINT MARTIN - SKI SEASON
- 2018/2019 -
THE THREE VALLEYS AND ST MATIN DE BELLEVILLE
Unlike many other resorts, the Savoyard village of Saint Martin de Belleville has managed to retain its Alpine charm and true French character.
Here you get the chance to ski the world's largest integrated ski area while staying in a truly beautiful and charming French village.
Away from the commercialism of the large ski resorts yet fully linked to the Three Valleys' lift system by a speedy eight-seater gondola and fast chairlift.
This way you are able to reach the heart of the Three Valleys in no time!
THE SKI AREA
- 183 easy
- 119 intermediate
- 37 difficult
LES TROIS VALLEE - THE THREE VALLEYS
Les Trois Vallee, in the heart of the French Alps has rightly earned its name as the largest integrated skiing area in the world. 335 marked ski-slopes offer a total of 600 kilometres of pure skiing enjoyment. Thanks to around 180 ski-lift installations, the ski-slopes at between 1300 and 3200 metres are reached quickly and easily. The reason: The generous infrastructure of ski-runs and ski-lift installations connects not only the large ski stations at Val Thorens, Les Menuires, Meribel-Mottaret and Courchevel with one another but also the up-and-coming smaller and more traditional skiing locations at Saint Martin, La Tania and Brides les Bains.The Belleville valley is fully connected into Les Trois valley ski area which means that skiers that stay in one of the smaller resorts can experience all three valleys of the skiing area in a single day without hassle! From easy to difficult runs, there's something for everyone, so that experienced skiers as well as beginners can all enjoy a tour through the valleys.
3 Valley Ski Passes
When buying ski passes first of all you will have to choose between a 'Full Three Valley' ski pass or the smaller and cheaper local area 'St Martin \ Les Menuires' pass.
Let us help with your decision!
If you are an intermediate to expert skier \ snowboarder then we highly recommend spending a little more for the full 3 Valley pass which gives you access to all ski resorts within the 3 Valleys and a skiable area of over 600 kilometers.
It is also great as you don't have to worry about skiing into an area that you don't have a pass for and it gives you many options, i.e. skiing in the trees of Meribel when it's misty and snowing or heading to Val Thorens for breathtaking views on a sunny day!
Therefore it might even be worth it for you if you are a beginner to intermediate skier / snowboarder.
For absolute beginners a local area pass is mostly sufficient.
If you have booked ski lessons then we recommend speaking to your ski school before purchasing a ski pass.
Ski Pass Prices explained....
The Duo Discount is given when two people purchase their 6 day ski passes together.
Please be aware that you don't have to ski together in order to use the Duo pass.
The Tribu Discount is given when three or more (!) people purchase their 6 day passes together.
Again, you don't have to ski together in order to use the Tribu pass.
The family pass is given to two adults and their two or more (!) children. The children have to be under 18 years of age in order to receive a family pass.
Child passes are given to children between 5 and 12 years of age. Proof of identity may be necessary.
New Generation Ski School
We highly recommend the British run ski school 'New Generation' who are coming up to their 4th winter season in Saint Martin de Belleville!!
'New Generation' offers fully qualified, passionate and fluent (!) English speaking instructors and absolute fantastic service!
They start their ski lesson at Saint Martin's main gondola and offer all sorts of lessons including a full day adventure (ProXplore) for great value!
"ProXplore is the perfect day out for people who prefer to learn on the move, want to find the best snow and jump the queues. These one day guided adventures with tips are for intermediate (happy on blues and reds) to advanced (happy everywhere) skiers and boarders who want an experience and some local knowledge while they are on holiday."
Just let us know as we are more than happy to help organise ski lessons for you!
And remember that lessons do get booked out quite quickly, especially during peak weeks!
INTERSPORT - Ski Rental
Twinner has changed it's provider and now is
Nothing else has changed!
It is still managed by the same people, at the same location, offering the same equipment for the same prices!
Get a huge 20% - 50% discount* when renting your gear online our ski hire partner 'INTERSPORT' (former Twinner Rental) in Saint Martin de Belleville when booking via our special link provided below!
Alternatively you can fill out a reservation form and pay on the last day of your holiday. Contact us for more information.
Intersport offers a large selection of high quality and well serviced ski and snowboard equipment that gets that is constantly updated to ensure the newest and best skis and boards on the market are available to hire!
Their team is both friendly and extremely helpful! They are all fluent in English and their location right by Saint Martin's main gondola is just ideal!
We highly recommend to pre-order your ski equipment which we are more than happy to do so for you! - Don't leave it until you arrive in resort, especially during peak weeks!
*depending on school holidays
Restaurants & Bars
St Martin de Bellville is also an 'in demand' destination for many of the skiers from Courchevel and Meribel, which explains the number of exceptionally good restaurants in and around the village! Including the Michelin starred
'LA BOUITTE' - one of the best restaurants in the Three Valleys which is located in the little village of St Marcel, only a couple minutes drive from St Martin.
However there is many more restaurants in Saint Martin to choose from:
- 'LE MONTAGNARD' - serving a fabulous Savoyard menu in an atmospheric converted hayloft with outstanding service! The same owners have also just opened a new restaurant next door "Le Jardin de Josephine".
- 'LA VOUTE' - The Italian alternative in Saint Martin serving delicious pizzas along with some French classics!
-'LA FERME AUBERGE CHANTACOUCOU' - A private farm located in the lovely village of Chatelard that serves everything sourced in-house! The 3-course menu is rustic but delicious and there is no choice! But the charming setting, fantastic value and very personal feel is worth a visit!!
If you are looking for Apres-drinks there is a really good choice on the runs down to Saint Martin and in Saint Martin de Belleville itself!
- 'PIANO BAR' ('Pourquoi-Pas') is the place to go, especially when it's not so nice outside!! The pub is located near the church in an underground vaulted cellar with large log fire and fantastic atmosphere! There is live music usually on Sundays and Tuesdays as well as a Quiz night on Wednesdays!
- 'LA LOY' you can find on 'Biolley' the blue run that winds down to Saint Martin! It gets the late afternoon sun on the huge sun terrace and serves their special versions of well-known Savoyard specialties and, of course, cheap and good French beer!
- 'LE DAHLIA' is located on the bottom of Saint Martin gondola which is a fantastic meeting point!! Sit on the sun chairs and watch people come down the slopes while warming yourself on a delicious vin chaud!
There is a handful of other lively bars to be found in the center as well as by the gondola of Saint Martin including
'LE BILLIG' and 'LE JOKER' (both near the church) and the 'ALP HOTEL' (near the gondola).
For the non skier there are many alternative activities within the Belleville Valley!
- DOG SLEIGH RIDES through the winter wonderland to a nearby mill which is a fantastic adventure especially for children!
- Guided SNOW SHOE WALKS or CROSS COUNTRY SKIING - Alternatively you can rent your own and explore the many mountain hamlets.
- MASSAGE OR FACIAL TREATMENTS in the spa and beauty center in St Martin or you can simply relax in their hot-tub whilst enjoying stunning views!
- PEDESTRIAN PASSES give access to beautiful Alpine views and you can meet up at one of the many mountain restaurants with your skiing friends.
- Saint Martin has two very impressive Baroque churches, the Sanctuary of Notre Dame de la Vie and the church of Saint Martin de Belleville both dating back to the 1600's.